Good points Phil and Kevin.

I guess if I was installing on my back I would first find the "odd" bolt hole and install a decapitated bolt into the odd hole with the odd hole rotated to the highest point. Mark the odd hole in the flywheel and then hang the flywheel on the crank. Install the other 5 bolts, remove the headless bolt and install the 6th bolt.

Maybe the dowels are a better idea, but it seems to me that you'd only need 2 as long as they were not directly across from each other..

Last edited by Bill Hanlon; 02/26/2025 5:36 PM.

'57 GMC 102, Original 347 V8, HydraMatic, 3.08 rear gear, added A/C, disk front brakes, HEI, AFB carb, '98 Honda Black Currant paint. T-boned and totaled 10/12
'52 GMC 152 Stake Bed, Original 228, SM420, added A/C, HEI, disk front brakes, '67 Chev 3.55 rear gear. Gets used as a real truck.