Why did they talk you out of it, did they give you any kind of price
To make the front axle fit while keeping reasonable suspension travel, I was going to end up with a ~3.5" lift. I already had new rims/tires that would have looked comically small with a lift like that.
I opted to stick with 2WD on this build rather than drop a bunch more money on taller rims/tires. I had a long term plan to build my 59 on a GMT800 AWD chassis, so I decided I didn't need the 58 to be 4WD too.
I don't know if the stock axle on your 38 is a drop like the 58 has or not. If it is (and I suspect it is), you will end up with a similar decision to make.
Edit: It was fall 2023 and they quoted me ~$350 each. At the time it was more than stock, off-the-shelf springs, but less than the lowering springs that I was also considering.