Cut and pasted the following from one of my posts back in 2015: “I was pretty much done with my rod-storation and really wanted to keep my original steering wheel, for all kinds of reasons, but it suffered from the typical cracks in the corners and would not have looked right as it were, with everything else in the cab looking fresh and new. Unless you're a purist, an option is to get the wheel Line-X coated. (or Rhinoliner or etc). The Line-X bridged the 1/16”+ cracks in my wheel and left a grainy texture which feels right, plus it makes the wheel a bit fatter for a better grip. Line-X holds paint real well so I decided on Rustoleum grey to match my interior. I continue to get all kinds of favorable comments when I show the truck. Cost: $30 and a rattle can of paint. Here are some pics……”
Attachments
IMG_4747.jpeg (83.83 KB, 132 downloads)
IMG_4748.jpeg (74.4 KB, 132 downloads)
IMG_4750.jpeg (85.4 KB, 133 downloads)


1948 5-window 3100 Chevy
327 V-8 TBI 700R4 Posi 3.73
"Old Blue"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr