Originally Posted by 46 Chevy truck
Thank you, klhansen! Do you remember what kind of paint you used? My husband has a 1968 Camaro that also needs to have the steering wheel painted. I've seen mixed reviews on different products online.
The paint I used on the wheel was the same as I used on the steering column. PPG's Commercial Performance Coating line of Alkyd Enamel (ALK-200) that I got from Jim Carter. I did use black epoxy primer in a rattle can that I got locally. I don't recall the brand. It has a plunger in the bottom that breaks a hardener capsule to activate it.
As far as durability, I haven't driven the truck much, so can't comment on that. The paint is easy to apply and looks good.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.