When I bought the truck, the dude said he put a new clutch in the year before. When I got it home, the clutch was totally out of adjustment so it did not fully disengage when you pushed the pedal.

I now suspect that he did replace it, did not adjust it, and drove it long enough to ruin all of the pieces before I got it and adjusted it right.

It should be real interesting to see how it drives with a good flywheel/clutch pack.

@Jerry: I am confused. I am working on a 283, not one of the sixes. As far as I can tell, all of the bolts holding the bellhousing on come in from the outside/back.

I don't have a pic of mine, but this one from Lugnutz is similar and also seems to have all the bolts on the outside?
Attachments
1037377_orig.jpg (145.36 KB, 221 downloads)
Bellhousing


From the Rocky Mountains?
Check in with the RM Bolters!
HiPo Forum Moderator

1958 Task Force Truck
"Frank" gets a new lease on life
Follow in the DITY Gallery
1959 3200 Task Force
The Ballad of Enkidu
The Saga in the DITY Gallery ~ and the story continues