Just an quick word to update...... I have now viewed, a few time, KevinB"s video....all very good but too short for me.....
Discovered "nozzles" I had never heard of before and I see from the recent postings that info is available.
Bill H ....thanks for the tip on the manual...... got the military model info and bought one other manual from ebay, which is supposed to contain 302 information, but have not received it yet....if I find it lacking, I will immediately make a run for yours.....
Part of my problem is that I got the 302 removed frm the frame and not even sure of what series or model it came from..... and manuals tend to be focussed on series/ model numbers.... all I know is that the truck came from Saskatchewan out West.......
and this lack of model/series numbers except that it is suppose tobe a 1958........ this all leads to more confusion....for example the Motors Truck Repair manual that I am now using is lisitng the distributor by serial number and not be model/series or engine size..... I know it is a Delco and it shoulf have the part number on the inside plate....but I am not there yet...and thatone is easy.....
My starter motor is missing and again.... the one supplied which looks GM and fits the bell housing mounting bolt pattern has no ID tag..... and my manual list starters by "plate" number...... I know how critical having a matching starter is....got a page full of starter lsiting but not cross refenced to the engine size......blah.....
Will be building and engine stand....... need casters.... and will attach the engine by the existing front engine mount and rear BH mount which will allow me to even go as far as bumping the starter for a run when I figure out the starter issue.
I am learning........ but had to blow snow fro 3 hours today on an open tractor........ Brrr froze my whatoosie!!!!