| Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,804 | What????? Doesn't everybody have 65 years' experience and $50K worth of machinery to play with? I can assure you I wasn't born with either of those things! I helped out with the rebore job on a flathead Ford V8 for my first car in 1962- - - - -been at it ever since! LOL! Jerry
Edit- - -just a suggestion on that stored 383- - - -drain the crankcase and store it upside down. The residual oil will creep past the piston rings and keep the combustion chambers wet- - - -no rusty cylinders that way. Loosen up all the rocker arms so all the valves stay closed. A salvage yard where I used to buy a lot of used engines stored them that way. The first few minutes of run time created an epic cloud of oil smoke! Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
|