I believe that's already an aftermarket style switch. I have a similar one with a knob that's held on with a setscrew. The original style has the knob permanently attached to the shaft, with a latch to release the shaft from the switch for installation or removal. I don't know of a source for a knob separately, but any knob you might find at a hardware store would work.
Your picture looks like the switch is in the ON position. Will the shaft push in?
Here's a clip from Jim Carter's web catalog.
Attachments
Headlight switch.jpg (44.23 KB, 70 downloads)


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.