I have posted here before but obviously I am still confused.
This truck is still very difficult to start.
It has a stomp starter on it.
Please tell me if my basic assumptions here are correct.
When engaging the starter, the stomp switch's small connector provides 12v to the ignition switch which is then provided to the hot side of the coil.
When the stomp switch is not engaged, and the engine running, 12v from the ignition switch goes through the resistor on the firewall and provides 9v +/- to the coil.
Correct?
So, with the ignition switch turned on, and the engine not running, should I get 9v +/_ at the coil?
I get 4.7v
While starting the engine, using the stomp switch, I get 10.5v +/- at the coil.
Should I get higher voltage than this?
After starting, I get 9.5v +/- at the coil.
Is this all correct? Am I missing something?
The stomp switch electrical output was intermittent. I was not getting any voltage out of the small connector on the switch, so I replaced the switch and 'assumed' my hard starting issues would go away.
Guidance appreciated. Thanks!