I have no idea of when the engine was rebuilt or the actual mileage. I knew the head casting numbers were off, the block is a 3769716 casting (58-62) correct for the year of the Truck.

I have a new in the box Melling CCS1, cam kit with lifters. I don't believe the pistons will require knurling, once I check the cylinders I'll know more.

As for the scaring on the piston top, that piston is #1, #2 was the one with really low compression. Who knows what this engine has been subjected to, after all did you see the pickup screen.

Last edited by TUTS 59; 12/02/2024 10:07 PM.

~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane