Originally Posted by 51 5 Window 3100
Had headlight failure and put in 1 new headlight H6204 from Sylvania Silverrstar. The headlights only work on High Beam. Why? Could it be the dimmer switch? All other lights function correctly. Thank You Bill

I had this problem on my truck.

It turned out that the previous owner, who was dyslexic, mixed up the hot wire and the high beam wire at the dimmer switch.

I I turned on the headlights, power went directly to high beam terminal. When I pressed the floor button, it turned off the lights altogether.

There are three terminals on the dimmer switch. I don't remember exactly which is which but if the hi beam indicator comes on, you'll know which side is hi beam.

Last edited by Otto Skorzeny; 11/20/2024 10:19 PM.

1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)