Thought I had this beat ,I was waiting for brake shoes before I put the axles back in .and I had the new bearings and seals installed on both sides. Well the brake shoes came in and are on the truck ,now let’s put this thing back on its feet .The drivers axle slid in and no issues on to the passenger side and the axle did not want to go in all the way thought I had some issue with the side gear but turned out to be the washer that goes behind the bearing was scraping .I did not think the washers were that close to the axle .The washers being a little bent up from taking them out so I thought take it back apart and check the washer. Well I took this apart about 3 times and sanded the inside and outside of the washer with it still rubbing .The bearing seemed to go in straight and I was giving this small taps with a medium hammer .looks even when the bearing was going in and the washer looks straight .Any thoughts ,bearings are the only part new to the assembly
Attachments
IMG_5631.jpeg (187.47 KB, 142 downloads)