Originally Posted by Bill Hanlon
Originally Posted by 1Ton_tommy
The 1-tons are just over an inch not the 0.921 of the 3/4-ton.

I don't think there is any difference between the '51 Chevy 3800 and the '51 GMC 250 front axle. The '51 GMC Maintenance Manual has both the 3/4 and 1 ton axles using the same 0.921" diameter kingpin. Chevrolet Master Parts Catalog 1929-1954 shows 3/4 and 1 ton using the same part.
I stand corrected. I just measured the new pins i have in stock and they are 0.941, which is 0.921+20. There is only one set in the shipping box so I must have installed the other one. There were two.


1951 3800 1-ton
"Earning its keep from the get-go"
In the DITY Gallery
1962 261 (w/cam, Fenton headers, 2 carbs, MSD ign.), SM420 & Brown-Lipe 6231A 3spd aux. trans, stock axles & brakes. Owned since 1971.