I took this side apart months ago, then the bike shop got busy and the painted parts got to cure out in the sun all summer.. now I'm finally getting to putting things back together and POR15 coating the frame. While here, I also need to make the new steel hard line from the gas tank. I'm excited to get the frame beneath it painted, so the new one won't rot away from the rust beneath it. Every job snowballs on an old rig, if you want to do it right.
I do seem to have lost the lower brake shoe spring that goes right above the adjuster, that is unobtainable new as far as I can tell. I used a short retractor spring as a placeholder, but should find the right one before putting it all back together.
I had to buy new grade 8 bolts because the old ones got destroyed while removing them. The tables I downloaded suggest 129ft/lbs as max torque for 9'16" fine thread grade 8 bolts, so I torqued them down to 120 and then used the Rolls Royce tech method of cotter key installation where you twist the spread ends 90 degrees from the ring end.