| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (TUTS 59, MaxStewart, KEVINSKI, HandyAndy, Otto Skorzeny, Gray_Ghost, Steelonsteel, 1 invisible),
129
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,584 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 272 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 272 | Hey guys, Just about 1 month ago i bought a Craftsman 60 gallon upright compressor. I have been using it some and recently when I took apart the fittings to add a filter I noticed the teflon tape had all turned yellow. So I thought "well, with no filter perhaps some of the dirt and stuff in the air is getting on the tape." After some use with the filter in place I noticed that on the output side of the filter I have some liquid that when I touched seemed to be oil. First off should't the filter catch this? Second why is this oil being sent out of my NEW compressor and through the hose.
Is this normal? Have you heard of anything like this?
I followed the break in procedures for the compressor to the letter. There have been a few times where I have used it with the sander and it has run for a while but it has never quit or done anything really weird other than this.
Any comments? | | |
| |
| |