My family over the decades have used a number of different brands of motor oil (Dad started driving in the mid-1930's).
I personally believe the oil change frequency to be more important than the brand, as long as it is a name brand (the video did NOT change my opinion on name brands).
We have only had one engine failure which MIGHT be attributed to motor oil: one import died at slightly more than 200,000 miles because of a fiber timing gear failure.
I have one example of a shop truck that went to the salvage yard after 440,000 plus miles with the cylinder head never removed because it had rusted out the third time because of the poor drivers in Missouri needing salt and cinders in the winter. The daily drivers are going to rust out before engine wear is a concern.
In 1979, I special-ordered an American-made vehicle with a factory turbocharger. The automobile magazines (no internet yet) had varying opinions on what oil I should use. Not being one to overly trust the magazine writers, I got on the telephone EARLY on a Tuesday morning, and called the manfacturer. I talked to a number (3 or 4 ) very polite individuals who tried to transfer me to someone who could answer the question. After maybe the 4th transfer, a gentleman answered, and stated "I am cccccccc and I designed the engine which you are asking about, how can I help you?" I explained about the opinion differences, and he laughed. He then explained to me that the turbo used engine crankcase oil for lubrication and the turbo could spin up to 30,000 RPM. He went further and told me to look at API specifications for any oil. It should pass a certain "S" figure (at the time SF) but NOT pass a certain "C" figure (the "C" for a heavy-duty engine). Why, because the oil designed for the heavy-duty engine would froth at the higher RPM's. I then thanked him and asked if he had a specific recommendation, and he said no. ANY oil that met/did not meet the given specifications would work; but the manufacturer sold oil that was what they used, and he personally used. He also told me with a turbo, ALWAYS wait 30 seconds at idle for the turbo to spin down before shutting down the engine; else the engine oil pressure would go to zero, and the turbo would burn out its bearings prematurely. I still have that vehicle.
I have used that oil in ALL of my passenger vehicles and trucks since with one exception.
At one time in my life, 3 of the family drove 30 plus miles to work each way daily. We haven't had much cold weather in the last few years, but at that time SOMETHING had to start so we could jump the other vehicles. During the winters, I ran Mobil 1 in one vehicle. It never failed to start on the first or second revolution, even at 15 below.
Apologies for being wordy. I did throughly enjoy the video, but different applications may require different oils.
Jon