Sometimes we don't have that "certain" tool in the box, so we need to become a "Mcgyver" and make a tool. One that I have used is for tube bending.
Creating nice, non-kinked bends in tubing is best accomplished with a tube bender. Unfortunately, benders only accept tubing of certain diameters and generally can only make one radius,(or you loned it out to a fellow Stovebolter-LOL). For alternatives, look no further than your engine to find a variety of potential tubing benders: the fan-belt pulleys. While it is nice to use some old pulleys in a vise, pulling the fan belt and working in the engine compartment can get the job done, too. All assuming the use of the V-belt- not serpentine belt- pulleys, of course. When ever I see different sizes of V-belt pulleys, I grab them quick.
Does anybody have more of these ideas?
Oly in Oregon
Rest in Peace1945 GMC COE Victory Truck
1953 Willys CJ3B
1955 Chevy 1st series 3/4-ton
1958 WIFE Last series
Never say "Whoa" in a mud hole