| Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,821 | When I ran a general auto repair shop in California back in the 1970s, I would get to deal with "comparison shoppers" frequently. Some of them were notorious for telling me that "Joe XXXX says he will do the job for $XXXX.XX!" My reply was usually "OK- - - -it sounds like you need to do business with him! I have plenty of people standing in line, waiting to pay me to fix the jobs he's screwed up already!" Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
|