Loco,
Yeah, funny you should mention that. When we moved here from there, I got pulled over by a Maryland State Trooper just south of the Washington DC beltway. He asked where my trailer plate was. I explained to him that in KY, we don't have to license non-commercial trailers if the truck base plate was Kentucky as well. He asked to look in my cooler (I guess that sounded fishy to him and he thought maybe I'd had a few) Showed him my two sammitches and the 20 oz Coke so he took my Ky driver license, truck registration and went to his car. I sat there for the next 45 minutes, saw a number of other State Troopers come and go (they seemed to have a massive butt scratching session going on back there...), until he finally comes back, gives me a lecture on having to register in MD within 60 days of moving here, blah, blah, blah and not one word of "Hey, you were right by golly, sorry to waste your time." Maggot civilian.

I wish more states were as progressive as the Great Commonwealth of Kentucky when it comes to registering non-commercial trailers. I guess Maine comes close... I'll tell you, though, Maryland is awful -- might as well be registering another car.


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)