Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
What's the condition of the spare assembly? It would be a lot simpler to just swap the whole transmission than trying to do a partial repair with the trans still in the vehicle.
Jerry

The last time I lay on my back in my driveway (with the truck up on jackstands) and bench-pressed a transmission into position...was the last time I'm doing that. I had hoped it would be more manageable to just swap the overdrive units.

The condition of the spare transmission is wholly unknown. I bought it a few years ago from a fellow stovebolter, and it's sat in my garage ever since.

-Kevin

Last edited by Shakey61; 08/14/2024 3:58 PM.

This is what happens when you live with a house-full of women, the wife and daughters name all the cars:
1960 Impala - "Frankie" (Frank Sinatra)
1961 Apache - " 'Mater Jr." (wrecker)
1965 Corvair Monza Convertible
1967 C20 "Ol' Blue" (hidden in a log cabin for 30 years)
1972 SuperBeetle Convertible - "Juliet"
1976 SuperBeetle Convertible - "Olaf"
1988 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce - "Romeo"