A successful engine swap! I can’t thank John enough for letting me borrow Charlie’s 216 until I get mine rebuilt. A long weekend and a few more days and I’m back on the road. I had a lot of good friends volunteer their time to make this possible! We did run into a few issues along the way but nothing that couldn’t be easily resolved.

The engine got all new gaskets, thermostat, my Carter W1 was cleaned and rebuilt, rebuilt the original starter, all new ignition parts. This Stovebolt runs so good!I put about 60 miles on it the first day.

Up next will be rebuilding my original 216 into a full pressure 235.
Attachments
IMG_0539.jpeg (372.69 KB, 64 downloads)


1941 Chevrolet AL 3/4 Ton previous Portsmouth Ohio Fire Dept
1959 Chevrolet 3100
1966 Chevrolet C10 "Sunoco Truck"
1986 Chevrolet C20 Crew Cab 454 lowered 6"
1991 Chevrolet R1500 Suburban LS 6.0/4l80e swap lowered on Qa1 coilers
1994 Chevrolet c1500 lowered 2/4 on 17x11 Billets
2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 full custom on air bags.