I agree on the "ugly" part. Since I've been brazing/welding cast iron with a fair degree of success for over 40 years, I'm a little more comfortable with adding a steel flange under the existing one. The steel will also be more durable and not prone to breakage like the cast iron flange can be. If the manifold gets powder coated after the repair, it should look pretty good as well as being functional.

I should have your 351 V6 parts on the way soon- - - -no, I haven't forgotten about them. Thanks for your patience!
Jerry

Last edited by Phak1; 08/10/2024 12:30 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary comments

"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!