If your welder lacks the competency to build up and re shape the ear in preparation for facing, drilling, tapping, and beveling I'm certain he lacks the skills to add another outlet.
I made several split manifolds in both 1 and 2 pc. style and made a fixture to automate the process of shaping the pipe to the manifold in minutes. When one gets too many projects on their plate some things get pushed to the corner. I have been hanging on to 5 pipes I prepped for welding for over a decade now and they're in danger of heading to the scrap bin soon so if any bolter wants one send me a PM and it's yours no charge.
Attachments
1.JPG (48.18 KB, 92 downloads)
2.jpg (146.71 KB, 91 downloads)
3.JPG (34.98 KB, 94 downloads)
4.JPG (39.99 KB, 95 downloads)
5.JPG (37.83 KB, 95 downloads)
6.JPG (34.69 KB, 95 downloads)
7.jpg (132.87 KB, 95 downloads)
8.jpg (107.78 KB, 95 downloads)
9.jpg (150.94 KB, 95 downloads)
10.jpg (186.87 KB, 95 downloads)


1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube