The balancer bolt on my '56 Cadillac broke a few years back and the balancer walked itself to the end of the crank. Luckily the fan started hitting the pulley and I pulled right over.

I bought a left handed drill bit and just drilling the bolt was enough for it to remove the remaining part. I didn't even need to use the Easy-Out.

I reinstalled it with red Loctite on the shaft and a new grade 5 bolt.

I was able to gain access by removing the radiator and ac condenser.
Attachments
IMG_20200218_150431.jpg (73.83 KB, 80 downloads)
IMG_20200219_091223.jpg (46.4 KB, 80 downloads)
IMG_20200219_150004.jpg (78.8 KB, 81 downloads)


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)