I’m having trouble getting the kingpins on my 1952 Chevy 3100 to take grease. I’ve been religiously greasing them every 1000 miles for the past 20 years. I’m pretty sure they aren’t overly worn because I had the front end aligned last fall when I got new tires. I trust the guy who did it and he wouldn’t have done the alignment if there was much play in them. Last year when I couldn’t grease them i took it to my mechanic and he used his 20 volt Milwaukee grease gun which he swears by. So, of course I had to get one too. Fast forward to this summer and, using my new grease gun, I STILL couldn’t get grease into either king pin, top or bottom. I took it back to him and he said he had no problem greasing them once he heated them up. That was about two weeks ago. Yesterday I tried again with both my new Milwaukee gun and my Lincoln air-powered grease gun with no luck.
What needs to be done so I can grease them myself?