| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,231 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 4,497 Moderator, Electrical Bay | | Moderator, Electrical Bay Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 4,497 | As for the original question...floor clearance...there was about 1/8 to 1/4 inch clearance and I just cut a rectangle cut to match the transmission's profile. Seems it was maybe 2" x 3". Not a lot of extra room but no problems.
I bought a 1.25" tall aluminum spacer piece, drilled a new pivot hole and located the ball 1.25" higher and adapted a look-alike shift rod (look-alike meaning it looks like the old 4 speed shifter). So I have a nice short throw scheme that looks just like original. I did have to make some cardstock shims for the spacer piece. It needed a wee bit of adjustment to shift as smoothly as I wanted. T5 was out of an Astro Van. The boot is one I got many years ago from Patrick Dykes along with a stainless mounting piece that fits around the boot. Close to a copy of the original but more rectangular. On one side of it was engraved "Patrick's". I turned it over and used the blank side.
~ Jon 1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end
| | |
| |
| |