jpmanyhearts, I tried a closeup view of your pictures and couldn't find anything stamped "47"??? headscratch I do see midway on the plate a stamped "46" which is in the section of the plate that was used to identify the trucks original weight classification (see reproduction plate sample below). In your case I think it would have read "4600" with the last two digits in black paint, not stamped. hcb3200's info on your truck serial number plate actually decoded as a 1941 AK model is accurate and comes from the data in the 1941 Chevrolet Truck data PDF.

An outstanding find for just $600! Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your new acquisition! thumbs_up If you need parts, or tips on where to find parts, put ads up in the Truck Parts Wanted forum in the Swap Meet. Folks will be glad to offer what help they can. wink
Attachments


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)