Hey Fellas!
Finally installed an orig turn signal switch(replacement), and actually got them to work! Took me a day or two of troubleshooting!
Question. I purchased everything listed for the horn button from LMC. Including new bushing with wire. I assembled it all with our orig cap which is in good shape.
The horn works, but the button sticks a lot. I feel like I'm missing some sort of spring that would help the button pop up away. I installed the heavy tightly coiled spring under the wheel. (is that wrong?)
I installed the round flat piece that has the teeth mounted on it to hold the cap under the steering wheel nut. Does that sound correct? I feel like under the cap should be a large 2 or 3 coiled spring about 2in diameter.
Does that flat plate supposed to flex that much? I don't see how under the hold down nut.
I can send a pic later today if needed.
Its a 1959 Chevy Apache 3100 shortbed stepside with original steering wheel.
Thanks!!