Martin, where have you been? Missed you. Should be a "fairly" easy swap as Fred indicates. I don't know if 230 motor has side mounts or front. If front, you have to switch to side mounts. Anyway You can use a universal tubular trans crossmember. No welding required.
Fred did not say how to handle the shift? Cable seems to be easier than linkage. A th350 is the best for your needs. you can do a lokar floor shift, very pricey.
This is the best idea I've seen for DIY. Many have copied it and refined it. Basically welding forks together. Making a tooth "detent" plate and a "dog" tooth. Be sure to incorporate a Neutral Safety Switch (NSS).
I'm sure the internet is full of info on "three on tree to automatic". Keep us updated on your thoughts and decision and questions.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn