Thanks Peggy for the added info! I like to wrap things up on the forum, so I'll let everyone know what happened. I opened up the carb to find it amazingly clean. Hard to believe. Looked like someone had rebuilt it not long before it was parked circa 1990s. The only part I was worried about was the pump plunger, but after soaking it in gas, it functioned well. I tested the governor function and it was good; the gaskets were reusable (I did resurface the carb cover to get a flatter surface). This carb is a unique design, a concentric setup, like a carb inside a carb. I have the original repair manual, which is amazingly well written and illustrated, making work on this carb easy. I just installed it yesterday. I also pulled the fuel pump which tested good and am now cleaning out the gas tank. Then it will be on to electrical. I also had been soaking the upper engine with an acetone/ATF mix, and have turned it several revolutions at the crankshaft pulley, so it is free!


1955 GMC 630, 1959 GMC W660, 1958 Chevy Spartan 80