Looking at the Assembly Manual snap I attached above, Just my $.02 worth, but I think if you are trying to slide the speaker in sideways, it might work best going from the glove box side of the dash and sliding to the left. Would mean removing the glove box liner, which would avoid messing with the wiper motor - I think???

The leading edge of the speaker with the bent arm sticking out, that should have a rubber wrap around cushion, should slide along the inner curved edge of the dash it rests against while the back ledge of the speaker metal frame looks like it should slide into a groove in the rear bracket. I have attached another screenshot with the side view of the rear mount in case it may help visualize. Also included another pic from the manual showing the radio install with the rear radio support that attaches to the bottom of the speaker support bracket. A few more tidbits to hopefully help figure the thing out.

Just my opinion, but whoever designed that support bracket made it way too complicated. LOL
Attachments


~ Dan
1951 Chevy 3 window 3100
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery
"My Grandpa Carl's Truck and How it Became Mine"
1966 Chevelle (Wife's Hot Rod) | 2013 Chevy Silverado (Current daily driver)
US Army MSG Retired (1977-1998) | Com Fac Maint Lead Tech Retired (1998-2021)