Made some progress on the exhaust height today. I loosened up all of the connections and used the floor jack to raise things up as far as I was comfortable doing. I got another 2 inches of height on the system. The muffler is now 4 inches lower than the stock muffler bracket. The pipes are 10+ inches off of the garage floor. Where the pipes cross over the rear axle now has lots of room. The pipes are higher than the bottom of the differential cover, but lower than the running boards. Everything nicely clears the engine/transmission. The pipes exit under the rear bumper, but are now only 1.5 inches under the bumper. I may look for a short turn down pipe to direct the exhaust towards the ground. Pic attached of the muffler and rear pipes. They are currently covered in plastic to protect them from the rear cab corner replacement crud that I'll make while working....
Attachments
20240216_151445.jpg (340.37 KB, 68 downloads)


Mike
1953 3100
The Gray Ghost
My Project journal