I think the park seal on the paddle is pretty durable, but the slide switch may be the leak issue. It's a phenolic block that slides over the pot metal housing, with a bit of that waxy lube on it. It could be that the spring that pushes the switch block down on the body could be a little weak. You might try carefully bending it a little more so that it pushes harder when screwed in place. I don't know what type of lube is used, but if you could find something similar, that might help too. Opening the body up is an iffy proposition in getting the paddle seals back in place correctly, but taking the top off without removing the paddle is probably doable. You can see that the paddle is riveted together, so unless you can come up with a way to replace those, restoring the paddle seals is going to be tough. That's a job I'd leave to Fiken.

Since this thread is mainly about wiper motors, I'm moving it over to Interiors.

Last edited by klhansen; 01/31/2024 8:29 PM. Reason: moving

Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.