| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (cmayna, Wally / Montana, Shade Baby, Goach2, Donf, dt235sd, Otto Skorzeny, Joe H),
60
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,307 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | I always wondered why the full flow conversion was so popular. Well I am now working on a non GM motor from 1957, which has a full flow filter from the factory. It peobably has 100 K miles on it and the bearings are worn and showing a lot of clearance. However the surfaces are just about perfect looking, including the crankshaft. Now on the 216s that I have redone and driven, the bearings never looked that good after some use. So I think having a full flow filter is a huge advantage. If I ever rebuild a 235 or a 261, I will for sure include the full flow modification. | | |
| |
| |