Little update for you so you know what to expect. Since my new axle is heavier duty it has a different u-joint and the pumpkin is longer so the shaft needs shortened and that means I apparently have to have the whole 3 piece assembly balanced as well so I have to take that apart. I took it to a shop to have it shortened and a new end put on and ended up with a new tube for free because when they were cutting the old one it twisted so they had to put a new one on. At the time I did not know that you need to have a multi-piece drive shaft balanced as a unit and when I went to install it it was too long so now I get to disassemble the whole three piece probably below freezing temperatures or wait till the weather figures out what it wants to do. But overall cost just for the new end and joint and shortened was 230 dollars but I do now know how much balancing the whole assembly will be

Last edited by Thick Chevy; 01/10/2024 3:24 PM.

1967 Chevy c50 327 w/ sm465 5000Ib front 15k 2 speed rear w/ 22k springs, single axle, hydraulic brakes