I just got done getting the new axle underneath and I am pretty sure my driveshafts will line up since I am not cutting the frame. All we did was roll the old axle out and roll the new one in but there was some butt puckering getting the springs to sit in the hangers all the way since it is a pretty tight fit had to stick a crowbar against the spring in the perch to push the spring over and a whole truck just dropping 3in in front of my face made my sphincter shrink about 3 sizes. But in the end there were no ER visits and now I just need to hook up the driveshaft, rebuild the whole brake system, remove and replace front axle and tires, and mount the new seats then I am good to go down the road.
Attachments
IMG_20231209_221303.jpg (470.44 KB, 126 downloads)
PXL_20231209_190650894.jpg (558.6 KB, 125 downloads)


1967 Chevy c50 327 w/ sm465 5000Ib front 15k 2 speed rear w/ 22k springs, single axle, hydraulic brakes