| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,646 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | I know what y'all are saying about the punch, I have done it that way too.
If you want to follow the instructions word for word you will need a socket to apply enough torque to seat the bearings if you replaced them, then back it off and just about finger tight. I am not saying this is necessary all the time, but the sockets do have a use. I am glad I bought one for my truck.
Another time when you will need the correct socket is on newer axles with the self locking nuts. It requires the prongs on the socket to disengage the lock so the nut can be turned off. | | |
| |
| |