Im hoping my old 235 will keep starting easy in the old 62 C10.
I rebuilt the carb a few months ago and its workin good. Generally I can pull the choke ,pat the gas a couple times and she fires right up 👍. Soon as she hits, I push the choke halfway back in , let her run a minute ,then in to a quarter way. Then back down and she is ready 👍 ... All this with old plugs, wires an points. When I got it runnin back in the spring, I only replaced what was needed till I knew the 235 was good.. Coil , condenser, 1 plug and file the points. I also boiled out the gas tank, put in a new pickup assembly and got a new fuel pump & fuel filter.
I have all my tune-up stuff as of yesterday, so it aughta be good to go for the winter 😁



Years ago I had a 350 chevy with the heatriser choke. Got in, pat it 1 time and it fired right up. A good old Qjet 👍😁
Attachments
20230602_120347.jpg (315.09 KB, 139 downloads)

Last edited by fattboyzz; 11/21/2023 12:19 PM.

1962 C10 with a 235 6cyl -- all of the drive train seems to be original.
Some of this story is in the Side Lot
Some people like a new truck. I liked the old ones.