Thanks! I’ll get more work done on it when spring comes, it’s 400 miles away from my home. I’m planning on rebuilding the brake system and getting the clutch taken care of, that will let it drive safely.

In the meantime I have two and a half engines worth of parts in my garage that I need to deal with, one 261, two 235s. Both of the 235s had the 848 heads, I bought the three engines just to get one decent 848 head, but now I am thinking I should build the 261 and maybe one of the 235s. I have two 848 heads, one is on the engine above, the other I’m just cleaning up and checking now. It actually ran on most of its cylinders but looking at the exhaust seats I am surprised it did that. I also have a 913 head from the 261, it was drilled for the extra coolant holes already.


1959 Canadian GMC grain hauling dump truck with 235