Last night I was moving my 2 ton around the property since it isn't licensed. Unfortunately I was facing downhill on my driveway when the brakes decided to fail. Thank goodness for the emergency. I chucked the front wheel and backed it back up on level ground.
I have been working with the vacuum lines to get my wipers going. The truck didn't have a wiper motor when I bought it. It did have an auxillary electric vacuum motor mounted on the firewall with a 1/4" rubber line going into the cab with a machine screw screwed into the end to block it off. There was a second line going inside the cab and turning back out, and attached to a smaller steel vacuum line. The electric pump wasn't hooked up or working, but it did have the lines on it. I put a tee into the line that comes off the manifold and continues onto the twospeed rearend. I am guessing that the other smaller line goes to the brake vacuum assist, but haven't had time to really explore. I had to send my vacuum motor off for reuild so I attached the vauum line to the small steel line that I goes to the booster, bypassing where the electric pump would have been. Is there a chance that too much vacuum went to the booster and blew a seal or something? I'll try to explore more on the weekend, but any ideas you guys might have would help. Just a reminder that I am a newbie at this. Sorry for the length of the post.