Well, I cranked the 1940 216 today... ran rough but ran. I had rebuilt the dizzy with new parts, cleaned the 216 R-B carb, mounted it and added a non-funtionable R-BC to cover the other Offy carb port. Using a starter and fuel pump from the shelf, I added a 12v coil since a 12v battery would be used for trial. Ran some gas up to the carb, a hot wire to the coil and it fired up. Timing is not right, so I will check that out tomorrow. Oil pump shot a stream 10 feet. Shut it down before it got hot as I don't have coolant plumbed yet.
~~ Jethro 1954 3100 Back to Life In the Dity Gallery 1951 3100 (gone) / 1956 4400 (still in the neighborhood) / 1957 6400 with dump body (retired) / 1959 3100 panel (in the woods junked) / 1978 Custom Deluxe K10 / 1993 S-10 4.3 / 2004 Chevy Crew Cab / 1945 John Deere H / 1952 John Deere B / 1966 John Deere 2510 / 1967 John Deere 1020