| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,633 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2023 Posts: 120 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2023 Posts: 120 | I was able to disassemble the front end this past weekend. King pins ordered due to a bit of play in them but not horrible. All of the tie rod ends are in fantastic shape. It's possible they were done once in the past I suppose. Shackles are worn a bit so they are on order along with new spring stack U bolts. The tie rod had a bit of a bend in one end of it so I straightened that out when I pressed out the king pins. Today I'm going to remove the leaf springs and pressure wash all of the thick buildup off of them so I can actually see the spring leaf's. It's amazing the amount of grease impregnated dirt and grime that is built up on the components. Quite a job just to expose some of the nuts and bolts!
1946 Chevy 1/2 ton "patina" pickup with a 1953 235 engine, otherwise all stock and unmolested!
| | |
| |
| |