I cannot answer Phils2888 question whether the 53 and 54 harnesses are interchangeable.

I have used Rhode Island wiring for the two restorations I have performed ('50 COE and '37 pick up). I wanted to restore my trucks to as near the original design and engineering as possible. Bartamos clearly has different goals regarding a restoration which I can appreciate. My observations are that the success of a classic car/truck organization is to be inclusive of all preferences, rather than focusing on individual differences.

Regarding the specifics of Rhode Island Wiring my harnesses had no crimped connections. All connections were soldered with rubber skirts. The connectors were all the correct type and size. The wires internally are modern coated wires for durability. The cloth exterior looks nice but is not just for show. The wires come with the proper cross hatching which matches the factory wiring diagrams. The harness comes with diagrams of your harness showing connection types, wire size and what they connect to, along with a large copy of the factory wiring diagram.

It is true that the harnesses are copies of the original design so fuse protection is not modern. You are left with the thermal circuit cut off at the light switch and circuit fuses to the tail and brake lights in my '50 and fuse at the ammeter for the '37. And yes, I have no A/C, power brakes, power steering, AM radio only in the '50. There are no shocks at all in the '50, single action lever shocks only in the '37. I love driving them because they have character!
Kent

Last edited by Lightholder's Dad; 10/09/2023 4:45 PM.

1937 Chevy 1/2 ton
1942 Chevy 1/2 ton
1947 Diamond T Model 509
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton
1950 Chevy COE Model 5700 ~ "Barney" ~ And more pix