Okay, so now that I've re-installed the rebuilt '58 235 in the chassis and run it awhile, I've come to realize I have few problems:

1. The front motor mount cover is too wide and it's rubbing on the harmonic ballencer pulley (it was throwing off sparks until the pully wore a groove in it...). Is there a narrower one that fits the motor mount better?

2. The short shaft water pump sits too low -- a third of the fan arc is below the radiator. Because of this mis-match, the lower radiator hose doesn't fit quite right and leaks. Is the plate that Jim Carter sells to move it up easy to install? I see that you have to drill a hole in the block to use it -- yikes. Can I reuse this brand new water pump with it or is it something to add to my expensive lessons learned pile?

Mike (ol trucks) or anyone -- got any wisdom for me?

frown

John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)