| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,242 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,061 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,061 | For several years now I have had a recurring issue with the 964 S Carter YF on my 216. It would flood out. I had recently come to the conclusion that the accelerator pump was being destroyed and then clogging things up. That may have been the issue for a while but I have found a new possible suspect.
I replaced a short gas line going to the inline filter that I had placed between the tank and the fuel pump. Once done, the flooding returned. I found little black specs in the float bowl and the needle and seat. I also have the screw in filter at the gas inlet connection going into the carb.
Yes I was using new /modern gas line, a new paper in line filter, a glass bowl fuel pump, and real non ethanol gas at this point. In fact I had just dumped in 5 gallons in the tank. The tank is also new.
My point is no matter where you have rubber, ethanol will find it and cause problems. The rubber exposure on mine was no more the about two inches.
My question is what type filters are you guys using, and where are they placed? I have a pre pump and a pre carb in addition to the fuel pump screen.
Is there a recommended micron number for the filters?
Thanks for any input.
1946 1-ton Panel 1952 1-ton Comml. W/Grain Body | | |
| |
| |