This is on a 261 I just bought. The engine was in a 1960 1 ton factory 4x4, USA made, most likely. Regular intake manifold. It turns. I’m planning it for the ‘54 3100, to replace the rattly ‘59 235, eventually. Does anyone know if this engine could have been sold with this split manifold ? Engine has the number GM 3769925. Under the captain’s bars : CONN 3. 7 11 5 No number on the pad by dist. On top of the head , driver’s side 3836850. GM 5 On top of the head , pass. side. B 59 848 850 Again, I am calling on the much appreciated expertise of you folks ! If it turns out this engine is re-buildable , I’d hope to pair it with the 5 speed.
Last edited by Gdads51; 09/19/20239:02 PM.
~Charley 1954 Chevy 3100 with 235 “Bud” Follow along in the DITY 1963 Chevy half ton stepside short box 230 1954 GMC 3 ton 302 And several more Chevy camper and work trucks 1979 1987 1996