I fixed them! I thought about it for a few days, and since these original arms have the leaf springs, I decided to shim them. I used a small screw driver and separated the two top leaves from the longer leaf that presses on the cross pin. Then I cut a plastic strip out of a spreader for body filler and slid it in between the top two leaves and the long leaf. It has much more pressure on the arm pressing on the glass now.
I left the plastic shim back so you can see where it went. This is a spare arm I practiced on and use it for the picture of my solution. My arms on my truck the shim is pushed all the way in between the springs. There is no place to hook a coil spring to. What looks like a hole by the splined end is a tab for the spring clip to attach it to the truck and keep it from falling off.