A bit more details in my posts would be helpful
Sorry.....YOU ARE DOING GOOD
Yes going to 12v negative ground.....GOOD
It has the 10si alt internal regulator .... GOOD on what I’m thinking is the original 216? My assumption is that it’s 12v not one of those 6v aftermarket alternators
I’ll post a pic
Have access to lots of spare alternators so if this one doesn’t kick in I’m good
Not worrying about lighting etc just needs to run for now... AS LONG AS ALL THINGS ARE EITHER 12V COMPATIBLE OR DISCONNECTED
No blower motor etc
Was going to install a 12v no resister needed coil.........I RECOMMEND AND 12V COIL WITH RESISTOR NEEDED AND A BALLAST RESISTOR
Foot starter switch......WITH SIDE TERMINAL
I’m guessing where the confusion came in is that the person who brought this to me put in the 6v battery and grounded it to positive not realizing it had an alternator on it
I guess the biggest question I have is will the starter spin the right way?
Many thanks
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn |