Oh I don’t mind; Sarcasm with solutions is totally acceptable, I appreciate you all for taking the time.
You know sometimes, you see a truck, it winks at ya, and boom! it’s in your garage the next day. Please understand that this IS the research phase. You good people are who I am asking before I buy stuff (the s-10 rear I bought may have been impulsive, I admit) that will weaken or wimp-ify my truck. I don’t know the available trim lines from that far back so I’m kinda learning as I go, ya know? folks who know these trucks better and who can save me some headache are kind of the whole point here right?
Anyhow, I’ll go Jerry’s Route and get into an 80’s 3/4 or 1 ton, that sounds like fun. As for the rear end, I’ll trade load capacity and torque for highway top end if I can get it because in its life, this truck will carry the load of my motorcycle in the back of it and maybe, just maybe one day pull a little camp trailer with it. Its days of plowing fields are over. I have an Eaton HO thread going for that!
I bought it not really knowing much about its aftermarket limitations relative to the 1/2 ton and 3/4 thus the mustang ii inquiry, this is why I was asking if there was a beefier option for 1 tons. It’s got ownership and I can’t sell it, so I gotta stick to what I’ve got to work with and bend it to my creative ambitions and usage plans.
So, got it. No bolt on front end kits for a 1 ton ‘49, thanks all! I really do appreciate your feedback
Edit: there IS a bolt on, just not a mustang ii
Last edited by EffDubya; 08/24/2023 3:03 PM. Reason: Oh wait. There IS a bolt on, duh.