| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,246 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 18 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 18 | I thought I had a 235 six cylinder in my 1955 2nd seies 6400 truck but while reading the old post on the forum I came across some literature that said there were some 261 engines in the bigger trucks and it listed the block number for the 1955, 261 as 3837012. When I check, that is the number on my block. Also it looks like under the orange paint on the engine it used to ne painted yellow. [img]http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/59/759/7/48/39/2864748390100433169qHIIMn_th.jpg[/img] | | |
| |
| |